There are seasons in life when you have to say, “This is enough!”
We build a relationship to last. We invest love and care and tears sometimes. Commitment is a serious thing. But when the abuse creeps in and when cheating goes on, there are not too many alternatives.
I learned that:
1. TIMING IS IMPORTANT – Don’t make a drastic decision because of an emotional impulse. Give yourself time to think to God and pray about it.
2. TELL YOUR SPOUSE WHAT IS GOING TO BE – I was afraid of my husband because he abused me in every way for many years. But I was also telling him that if he wouldn’t stop hurting me, I would divorce him.
3. MOM, DON’T LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN BEHIND – I know you need miracles as money, housing and support in order to survive by yourself caring for your children. There are miracles ahead of you. Pray to God. I lived marveling of how we made it through another day.
4. A MAN CAN’T FIX YOUR LIFE. GOD CAN. – I had girlfriends who dived into a new relationship pretty fast after their divorce. Most of them were hurt again. Let your life settle. Give yourself time to heal. Healing brings clear mind. Focus on the little joys with your children, family and friends.
5. JESUS IS REAL. HE IS NEAR. He kept me sane through the trial. He kept away the predators. He helped me and my children in every specific aspect. We prayed for food, He sent somebody with groceries. We prayed for the bills to be paid, He came up with resources. Other people sent us on vacations, in camps, and even abroad.
Life is precious. Live it well.